Deadline: 1 Oct/1 Feb (annual)
Study in: Netherlands
Next course starts February 2015
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS) is open to outstanding Non-EU/EEA students pursuing a master’s degree programme at Leiden University.
Leiden University, The Netherlands.
Field of study:
All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden, a number of programs have a start date in September only.
Number of Awards:
Non-EU/EEA international students
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 5 awards:
• Platinum Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee* and an allowance of €10,000 for living costs
• Gold Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee*
• Silver Covers 75% of the tuition fee
• Bronze Covers 50% of the tuition fee
• Ivory Covers 25 % of the tuition fee
• Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2014 or February 2015
• In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enrol. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad
• The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
• Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree
• Students who are granted a Leiden Excellence Scholarship must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the terms and conditions (refer to official website) attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
When applying for admissions, indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship section of the online application form. You should attach a letter of motivation (in Word) of a maximum of 500 words, in which you indicate why you believe you should be considered for this scholarship. For programmes starting in September 2014, the deadline is 1 February 2014. For programmes starting in February 2015, the deadline is 1 October 2014.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://prospectivestudents.leiden.edu/scholarships/scholarship/lexs.html