Application Deadline: August 27 2014
Where: Baku, Azerbaijan
When: 28th to 30 th October, 2014
How to apply: www.youthpolicyforum.org/apply
Costs: Covered by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Azerbaijan
The 2014 Global Forum on Youth Policies is the first of its kind and will bring together policymakers, civil society organisations, experts, academia, youth advocates, parliamentarians and UN agencies. It will provide those present with a multi-‐stakeholder opportunity to assess the state of youth policy, in particular 20 years after the adoption of the World Programme of Action for Youth (1995).
The Global Forum on Youth Policies will be convened by the together with UNDP, and the Council of Europe. The 2014 Global Forum on Youth Policies will be hosted by the in the framework of Azerbaijan’s Chairmanship of the Council of Europe’s Committee of Ministers. The team of supports the Global Forum. Subsequent (likely) biennial editions will rotate geographically and respective regional organizations will be invited to co-convene the Forum accordingly.
This First Global Forum on Youth Policies will be the basis for providing United Nations member states and other stakeholders with a unique opportunity to engage in a meaningful dialogue which will yield concrete suggestions for specific follow-‐up action and the way forward for effective youth policies.
It is expected that the Forum will bring together an estimated 700 participants including representatives of governments,the youth community, civil society,international development partners, academia and research institutions, donors, the private sector, and more. Within this overall context, and complementary to youth policy practitioners nominated by the Forum co-‐convenors and participating governments, 200 youth policy practitioners will be selected based on this open call.
Eligible candidates for these 200 ‘open spots’ include:
- •Youth policy practitioners;
- •Youth activists and members of youth movements working on youth policy;
- •Representatives/expertsofyouth-‐ledorganizations, civil society organizations,and networks working on youth policy;
- •Research experts from institutes, universities and think tanks with a focus on youthpolicy;
- •Development experts from organizations, agencies and institutions in the youth sector;
- •Programming experts from donors active in supporting policy change in the youth field.
- Preferably be aged 18-‐35;
- Be able to communicate professionally in English;
- •Be experienced in formulation, implementation and/or monitoring of youth policy at the national, regional or global level.
- Applications from Azerbaijan will be considered in the same manner as applications from other countries
Young people from underrepresented and marginalised groups and youth policy practitioners working with underrepresented and marginalised groups (such as young people with disabilities, indigenous youth, youth from rural communities/young farmers, young people from conflict affected areas, marginalized ethnic and cultural groups, young people from low social and economic backgrounds, migrants and refugees, young people not in education, employment and training) are encouraged to apply.
- Selected participants will be provided with roundtrip air or ground transport ticket:
- city of departure Baku -‐city of return. Accomodation and meals during the days of the Forum will also be provided.
- Participants will be requested not to book individually with hotels in Baku.
- All expenses are covered by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Azerbaijan and UNDP Azerbaijan.
- Accomodation and meals before or after the Forum are the responsibility of the participant. Each participant will receive a free visa upon arrival in Baku airport
All applicants will be notified by September 15, 2014.
Successful applicants will be asked to confirm their participation by September 20.
For More Information: