Indoor all day hoping to find something “special” “motivating” I could blog and share with our amazing followers/readers. To no avail I was finally forced to re-blogging several creative post from the wordpress reader.
Surprisingly i stumbled upon the Lupita Nyong’o speech at the 2014 Massachusetts Conference for Women YouTube video while surfing the internet and while watched I was amaze as how her every speech and words had pointed to something about me…
Believe me… we all share this or once shared this…
Firstly, I will quote this part of her speech…
“there was a part of me that knew I could do it, even when the part of me that said it was impossible was louder”
…this I think is one characteristics of fear that we (the host) find in common and that truly defines “fear” itself.
I will cut the story shot and go straight to the business as i will share the link to the video at the end of this post…
In her speech she share with us seven (7) tools to overcoming fear while pursuing our dreams
- Recognize and articulate your tool to yourself, then look for what you love and articulate that to yourself and other. Do this often and your love will grow stronger than your fear.
- Reach out to your stretcher bearers. This is a concept I carried with me from high school bible teaching. It speaks of a time when Jesus was teaching a crowd of people that had come all over. Some men came late, carrying their paralyzed friend on a stretcher. It was so crowded around Jesus so they decided to go up on the roof, take up the tiles and lower the man into the middle of the crowd in front of Jesus. When Jesus saw their faith and how much they had, he cured the man instantly of his paralysis. My teacher in her message encourage us to make sure we, too, had those stretchers bearers in our lives, at least four people who will carry us to healing and safety when we cant do it for ourselves, the people who will remind you that you are not alone when your emotion get the best of you.
- Ask questions of yourself, for yourself, and listen out everywhere for yourself.
- Do not underestimate the power of writing your dreams and goal down.
- Meditate. Pray. Be still with your soul. There is a force within us that surround us, penetrate us, and binds us together.
- Go for it! And always allow failure to be an option. True freedom is being without anxiety about imperfection, Zen Master; Sang San says.
- Step forward and repeat it all, with each step you take, with each new challenge you face, expect yourself to learn these lessons again and again. Do not be disappointment in yourself when it feels like this time, it is harder, or different. It will always be harder or different if you are growing!
When you feel overwhelmingly by this, remind yourself that you despair because you care, Step and Repeat. Step and Repeat. It doesn’t ever get comfortable, but it does get familiar.
watch full speech video here